<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

I am going to keep this short today, as I have a test tomorrow.

First of all, thanks to those who left comments to my previous posts.

The election bug finally bit me, and I have decided to contest for the post of Editor of the student newsletter. As everyone says, let the best candidate win.

Yesterday in Marketing class we had a case study on Procter & Gamble - Walmart. The issue was about selling diapers through Walmart, the tussle being between P&G's Pampers and Luvs brands, Kimberly-Clarke's Huggies, and Walmart's store-brand. It was interesting, despite being about diapers!

We also studied Game Theory in Economics class. That was pretty interesting stuff too. The prof had cleverly used a hypothetical dating situation to make it interesting.

Today we had Hypothesis Tests in Stats, and "cost of goods sold" in Accounting. The accounting classes are usually interesting because of the humor factor. The prof almost always discusses two particular companies, Enron and Infosys, and uses terms like the cockroach theory or something like that!

Tomorrow is the much feared Marketing quiz, for which I have to do an endless amount of reading tonight. Day after tomorrow a Stats assignment is due. The end-term exams are also fast approaching. There is no light at the end of the tunnel. One way it's good, as the light could have been the headlight of train headed towards me.

I set out to write a small post, but yet it got big. Back to studies now.

In my next post I will post some statistics of our batch, like GMAT scores etc. Till then...

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com