<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, June 27, 2004

Things only go from bad to worse as far as sleeping patterns are concerned. Yesterday our group meeting went on from 10 pm to 5:30 am with no breaks in between.

We were unable to sustain our lead in the markstrat simulation game, and slipped to second position. Next period’s results will come on Tuesday morning. I don’t think we can regain our past glory anytime soon.

To give an idea of the game, we are marketing managers in charge of some products. The products are called sonite and vodite. We need to decide on how much of which to produce, how much to spend on R&D, sales, ad etc, and also which market segments to target. We get very creative when naming the brands. Sonite products must be named starting with an S, followed by one of A, E, I, O or U. Then there should be two more letters of our choice. Popular names are SEXY, SUCK, SUNK etc.

This week will be one of the toughest, with some big case studies, mid-term exam, and markstrat finals.

In my last post I expressed surprise that a down-to-earth person could reach a great height. I apologize if it offended some people. My intention was to mean that it’s uncommon for people at high positions to remain down-to-earth. We recently had a leadership class on Level 5 leaders. These leaders are very down-to-earth, and never take credit for what they do. There are only 11 companies in Fortune 500 with such leaders. A prime example is Darwin Smith, who was CEO of Kimberly-Clark from 1971 to 1991. Boy, did he turn around the company, and how! I look up to people like him.

I am a paying customer of Hotmail, and received a message that I will get 2 GB of email space starting this summer. This is in response to Yahoo and Google offering similar enhanced storages. I also got myself a Gmail email address.

Long post, but expect less of me in the next few days, as I struggle through the grind of this week.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com