<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, July 10, 2004

Today wasn’t as bad as I had expected. Yesterday I succumbed to my bed’s calling, and slept a full 8 hours. Today morning I got tense having wasted so much time sleeping. I started working frantically on my first assignment, for which I had budgeted 10 hours. Somehow I was able to finish it in three hours itself! I decided to enjoy the rest of the hours. I slept again for a couple of hours, played tennis and snooker for another couple of hours, and then went to a party organized by a prof at his home. Just returned to my room, and now have to start working on my second assignment, which is for Competitive Strategy.

This week will be much easier. We have very few classes. There’s a quiz on Macroeconomics on Tuesday, and also a case study on Wal-Mart. I have read Sam Walton’s book, Made in America, so the case will be a walk in the park for me.

Anyone interested in getting a head start in an MBA should consider reading the book, Marketing Management by Kotler. It was required reading for us in both the terms. Because we are so short of time, we could at best rush through the book. But if anyone out there is considering an MBA, it might help to read it at leisure now. It’s quite interesting actually. And no, I don’t have a royalty sharing arrangement with Kotler!

These days a lot of our discussions revolve around the majors we want to take. We will have our first Finance courses next term, and at that point we will be in a position to take the call on whether we non-Fin guys want to take Finance. As of now I intend to take Tech Mgmt and Marketing. That will help me become a business development manager in an IT company.

Catch you later.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com