<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, January 14, 2005

Goldman Sachs sent their regret email to me. My last interview with them had been my life’s worst interview, so I kind of expected it. They had quizzed me on pure technical computer programming stuff which I was not prepared for. They said although the work will not require it, it’s a good idea to be in the know. I think I am pretty good at giving general interviews, and pretty bad at technical interviews, so it was bound to happen. The same issue cropped up at the Microsoft interview as well, and I did not make it to the subsequent rounds. They too commented that a program manager at MS needs to be extremely tech savvy in order to win the respect of the technical team. The good news is that the GS job went to my closest friend and I am so happy for him.

I came to ISB with the intention of moving into a business development role in a major IT services company, and am happy to have achieved my goal. Deloitte meanwhile improved their offer, but I still did not take it as it is not a BD role.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com