<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Being in Texas, I was rooting for the San Antonio Spurs to win the NBA Finals, and they did not let me down. I watched the last 4 games on TV, and they were all a treat to watch. The players must have added a few more millions to their bank accounts. The only thing I don’t understand is how they can be called World Champions, as to my knowledge there is no international participation except for Canada I guess.

Last Saturday night we were driving north on a highway without any destination in mind. Soon we found ourselves in the middle of nowhere, and guessed we must have crossed over to Oklahoma. Sure enough, on our way back we saw the Welcome to Texas sign. Okla is scary, with not only no sign welcoming us, but also no sign of civilization for miles. Our next drive would be towards South, I just hope we don’t cross the Mexican border by mistake.

This weekend I will go to downtown to watch Independence Day fireworks. It would also be a good time to do electronics shopping as there would be lots of deals.

Haven’t seen many changes in the US since my last time here. Saw some new car models, like the Hummer Mini. Otherwise it is the same old. Same supermarkets, same restaurant chains, same TV shows etc. Reality TV shows have picked up though.

War of the Worlds is releasing today, will probably watch it.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com